Phippsburg, Bath Maine Historic Inn, Lodging, B&B, Kennebec River, Popham Beach Hotel
Availability and reservations
Return to Home Page
Phippsburg, Bath Maine Historic Inn, Lodging, B&B, Kennebec River, Popham Beach Hotel
Booking and Availability Details of our rooms and rates Our Specials, Packages and events About the 1774 Inn Breakfast at the Inn and Dining in the area Come to Maine How to get to th 1774 Inn Contact the 1774 Inn
click here for images and details | availability - $280

Welcome to the 1774 Inn
on the Kennebec River
in Maine.

There are eight rooms to choose from: the large, high-ceilinged ones in the main house, named after the original owners; the slightly smaller but no less attractive ones in the adjoining ’Ship’s Carpenters’ Quarters’; plus the romantic and secluded Woodshed room - ideal for honeymooners!

Room rates include full breakfast.
A 8 per cent Maine state lodging tax not included.

Many original 1774 features

Traditional antique furnishings

Full, private bathrooms

Luxurious fine 100% cotton linens

Goose-down and synthetic fill pillows

Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities

Adirondack chairs to enjoy the grounds and views

Complimentary bottled waters and cookies

High-speed wireless Internet

In-room Alarm clock

Evening homemade snacks

Delicious full breakfast featuring fresh fruits and cereals with a signature hot dish

Fresh-ground gourmet coffee and wide selection of teas

DVD player in TV den

Access to 4 acres of private grounds and riverbank

Lounge under the fir trees and watch the seals at play

click here for images and details | availability - $280

Our Policies

Your online reservation is secured with your credit card details, and we take a 25 per cent deposit at time of booking. Cancellation charges are on a sliding scale depending on the likelihood of the room being re-booked. 14 days or more: a $50 admin charge; 13 to 8 days: your 25 per cent deposit is retained; 7 days to 49 hours: 50 per cent of total room charge; 48 hours or less: 100 per cent.

We respect and are committed to your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site, and we also automatically receive and record information from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the pages you visited. We will not, however, sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.

Your credit card details and personal information are always safe and will never be compromised in any way. Our Secure Sockets layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commercial transactions. It encrypts all your personal information, including credit card number, name and address so that it cannot be read over the internet.

Featured in "New England's Best Bed & Breakfasts" by Fodor's and "Maine: An Explorer's Guide" by Christina Tree and Elizabeth Roundy Richards.

Listed in the National Register of Historic Places as the McCobb-Hill-Minott House.

Featured in the June 2004 issue of the "Conde' Nast Traveler", as the New England Inn in Maine.

“John and Jackie - we could not have asked for a better stay in your fabulous Inn. We‘re all looking forward to our return!”
Mahler, Newtown, PA

“We are so thankful that you both and your amazing spot are here. You have made us feel so welcome and comfortable...”
Chapek, Underhill Center, VT

© Copyright 2010 1774 Inn - all rights reserved
Bed and Breakfast Web Site Design
Web Hosting by
Internet Marketing by